Monday, January 01, 2007

2007!!!

Well we had a great holiday season, and I hope all of you did too. Reality starts at midnight PST.

Our little foundation (I'm not going to disclose the name yet) apparently has gotten big enough to have to comply with all sorts of regulations I was completely unaware of - until yesterday when I received an urgent call from our accountant. I'm going to be spending all day tomorrow working on a "Business Plan" for describing our activities in Nicaragua, as well as job descriptions for the several Nicaraguans who assist us with them.

5 years ago, I never thought that my efforts to help one little illiterate, green eyed, eleven year old girl go to school; and to buy a few books for an elementary school I visited in the process, would lead to such a tangle. But it has.

My new years resolution is make no more mistakes and do everything perfectly from now on.

1 comment:

Mercurior said...

red tape is what usually kills businesses and charitable ones as well.. when you want to help you get no help from the red tape merchants, but as soon as you start to make a difference.. you will be buried under red tape.